Posted on August 10, 2016
Virtually, all businesses nowadays rely on the internet in order to connect with their customers both the existing ones and the prospective ones. It is, therefore, critical for these businesses to maintain an optimal performance of their websites in order to deliver on the expectations of their users. If a website is slow or experiences constant outages, it is likely to negatively affect the reputation of your business as well as the ability of your business to generate revenues and retain customers. This will be the case unless you are working with a top notch DNS service provider. DNSimple are the best DNS provider in this regard thanks to its winning service and a high degree of reliability.
There are businesses that generally choose to build and manage their own DNS infrastructure. However, this is an undertaking that is riddled with so much complexity. Poor management of the DNS infrastructure is likely to lead to more downtimes which will directly impact your business bottom line. Choosing a reliable DNS provider is, therefore, one of the best ways in which you can ensure a high level of service availability for those mission-critical web-based systems. Look for a reliable DNS provider that will give you a relative peace of mind. DNSimple are the best DNS provider in the industry and will guarantee users incredible service uptimes, great customer service and an array of tools that will provide for an incredible DNS performance. There are several factors that you should look into when you are deciding on the best-managed solutions that will be ideal for your business. These include the following:
- Do They Have the Right Experience and Track Record?Whatever service that you choose should offer you a proven solution as well as a real-world application.
- Look at the performance: A good service should provide you with very fast DNS responses from all locations when you are running under any traffic load conditions.
- Availability: Look at the service availability of the DNS provider. It should not have any point of failure in its service.DNSimple are the best DNS provider and generally offer great uptime guarantees.
- DNS Security: This is another important consideration when you are looking for a DNS provider. Generally, the DNS company that you choose to work with should be one that is capable on ensuring the integrity of your DNS data.
- Resiliency Against DDoS Attacks: These are bound to happen at one point or another. Whatever service driver that you choose should be able to defend you against DDoS attacks.
- Online Service Management: Any service that you choose should provide you with an easy-to-use interface capable of supporting multiple user roles as well as the existing workflows.
- Global Traffic Management: Global traffic management capabilities by a DNS provider will ensure that your traffic runs smoothly.
- Continuous Investment and Innovation: A good DNS provider should constantly innovate and invest in its infrastructure. They should show a consistent and demonstrable commitment to continuously invest in the DNS infrastructure in order to improve their service performance and quality.
- Service Along with Support: Choose a DNS provider that will offer an outstanding service 24/7. These considerations should help in choosing the best service provider to whom you can outsource your DNS management needs.
Posted on August 10, 2016
Various organizations require different designs for their data center, depending on their capacity and area of operations. A datacenter design is an important aspect towards achievement of an effective system. The design is dependent on size of the firm, and the complexity of the design increases with the size. For instance, a company like Google has users all over the globe, requiring them to design data centers with the capability of serving all the different regions of the world. An organization has, therefore, to put into considerations various aspects of a datacenter design such as determination of reliability and redundancy needs which precede site selection for design of critical infrastructure systems. Information on the datacenter design is needed by users to enable them run their ICT infrastructure smoothly.
What you need to know
A user needs to make use of resourceful materials such as data center journals to gain a proper understanding of data center dynamics. With this knowledge, a user is best advised on proper handling of their data centers. For instance, when cleaning the raised floor, the cleaner should be careful not to disturb cables embedded on the tiles. The recommended cleaners to use are HEPA. The vacuum cleaners should be used on the floor and solid tiles. To avoid disruptions of operations, cleaning below equipment should be avoided. It is necessary to vacuum areas such as walls, near the cables. Extreme care, however, has to be taken so as not to damage or unplug cables. Below are some important data center dynamics to put into consideration.
- Workplace efficiency, which significantly reduces operational costs.
- Maintenance of availability of data whenever needed.
Equipped with such knowledge, users can act promptly to reduce avoidable expenses. For instance, when there is a disruptive change such as a firmware upgrade, the administrator should reboot the server. Understanding of data center dynamics allows the users to
- Reboot the servers when users with administrative privileges acknowledge the reboot.
- Reboot automatically at the scheduled time, which can be configured to give a reflection of the data center maintenance window.
- Take quarterly preventive maintenance which includes power systems checks, HVAC and generator servicing. All the service visits have to be coordinated and tracked.
New phase of data centers
Data centers have evolved with the introduction of internet cloud data centers. The new generation of such data centers offers value-added services such as security and load-balance, thus improving the quality of service. A consumer, however, needs to understand some challenges posed by this particular data center. For instance, it consumes a lot of power and faces the problem of energy saving. Cloud computing however, comes in to solve this problem by improving the efficiency of server utilization to save power.
Cloud data center provides an off-premise form of computing for storage of data on the Internet. The cloud data services are mainly outsourced to third-party cloud providers who maintain a regular update and ongoing maintenance. The cloud system offers scalability to suit an organization’s business needs. The cloud services allow sharing resources with other cloud users.
Information is power, thus the need to store it properly.…
Posted on July 22, 2016